Summer is almost here! Here are a few reminders to stay safe and healthy this summer!
1) Drink plenty of water when you're working and playing outside. Avoid the hottest parts of the day between 10 and 4.
2) Wear your sunscreen! Go for 30spf or higher, and reapply every hour if you're sweating or swimming.
3) When swimming with small children, keep them an arms length away. It's easy for a drowning to happen, At a busy pool party, assign an adult as the official lifeguard. Check out my "Drowning is Silent" post.
4) Eat lots of fruit and vegetables - it's easy in the summer!
5) Be extra careful when working on your summer projects - fractures and skin lacerations go way up in the summertime! Rest when you're tired, and wear proper safety gear.
Dr. Zomnir is a family doctor who has chosen to step out of the fray and care for patients with love and compassion.