As we head into spring, remember these tips:
1. If you have allergies (runny nose, nasal congestion, itchy eyes), be sure to take your allergy medicine, and see your doctor if your symptoms don't improve. You may try some local honey as well.
2. When you're cleaning up your yard, watch for snakes and poison ivy. Copperhead snakes are the same color as the fallen leaves. Poison ivy likes shady areas.
3. Wear your sunscreen and bug spray. The days are cool, but the sun's UV rays are still powerful. The mosquitoes are already out - they tend to like mornings and evenings the best.
4. When you go outside to exercise, drink plenty of water, and start out slow if you're just getting back into it.
5. Wear eye and ear protection when you're mowing the grass.
Most of all - get out there and have some fun!!
Take time to be creative! I recently joined the McKinney Art Studio for pottery classes. The classes have become my weekly refuge from a hectic life of doctoring and mothering. It feels so therapeutic to shape something beautiful from a piece of clay! I want to thank my instructor, Lisa, for walking me through every step and making me do it right! I'm 5 bowls, 1 cup, 1 slab, and 1 coil into becoming a potter! Don't worry; I won't be quitting my day job anytime soon... :-)
Hello everyone! Here's a tip from my mother, Pat, a former astronomy teacher. Put a white sheet under a tree and you'll see little suns projected onto the sheet. This is a great safe way to "view" the solar eclipse! Happy viewing!
I found these guys a few months ago. Since then, I've listened to many of their podcasts and read several essays. I really like this one! I hope you enjoy it as well!
A big "Thank you!" to Mrs. H for making this beautiful flower arrangement for the office today! Kisha and I are forever grateful for our amazing patients!! Thank you again! You made our day :-)
Congratulations to the winners of the Zomnir Family Medicine Patient Appreciation Contest! The first place winner won a $500 gift card! The second place winner won a $250 gift card! The third place winner donated his $100 to a children's charity! Thank you all for making our contest a success! We appreciate your referrals, and we are so blessed to have such wonderful patients!
Happy Halloween Everybody!
Remember to stay safe while trick-or-treating!
Click here for more great tips on staying safe this Halloween!
On behalf of Zomnir Family Medicine, I want to send our love and support for our GLBT family and friends on this sad day.
Dr. Zomnir is a family doctor who has chosen to step out of the fray and care for patients with love and compassion.