As we head into spring, remember these tips:
1. If you have allergies (runny nose, nasal congestion, itchy eyes), be sure to take your allergy medicine, and see your doctor if your symptoms don't improve. You may try some local honey as well.
2. When you're cleaning up your yard, watch for snakes and poison ivy. Copperhead snakes are the same color as the fallen leaves. Poison ivy likes shady areas.
3. Wear your sunscreen and bug spray. The days are cool, but the sun's UV rays are still powerful. The mosquitoes are already out - they tend to like mornings and evenings the best.
4. When you go outside to exercise, drink plenty of water, and start out slow if you're just getting back into it.
5. Wear eye and ear protection when you're mowing the grass.
Most of all - get out there and have some fun!!
Dr. Zomnir is a family doctor who has chosen to step out of the fray and care for patients with love and compassion.