Take time to be creative! I recently joined the McKinney Art Studio for pottery classes. The classes have become my weekly refuge from a hectic life of doctoring and mothering. It feels so therapeutic to shape something beautiful from a piece of clay! I want to thank my instructor, Lisa, for walking me through every step and making me do it right! I'm 5 bowls, 1 cup, 1 slab, and 1 coil into becoming a potter! Don't worry; I won't be quitting my day job anytime soon... :-)
Hello everyone! Here's a tip from my mother, Pat, a former astronomy teacher. Put a white sheet under a tree and you'll see little suns projected onto the sheet. This is a great safe way to "view" the solar eclipse! Happy viewing!
I found these guys a few months ago. Since then, I've listened to many of their podcasts and read several essays. I really like this one! I hope you enjoy it as well!
A big "Thank you!" to Mrs. H for making this beautiful flower arrangement for the office today! Kisha and I are forever grateful for our amazing patients!! Thank you again! You made our day :-)
Congratulations to the winners of the Zomnir Family Medicine Patient Appreciation Contest! The first place winner won a $500 gift card! The second place winner won a $250 gift card! The third place winner donated his $100 to a children's charity! Thank you all for making our contest a success! We appreciate your referrals, and we are so blessed to have such wonderful patients!
Happy Halloween Everybody!
Remember to stay safe while trick-or-treating!
Click here for more great tips on staying safe this Halloween!
On behalf of Zomnir Family Medicine, I want to send our love and support for our GLBT family and friends on this sad day.
Summer is almost here! Here are a few reminders to stay safe and healthy this summer!
1) Drink plenty of water when you're working and playing outside. Avoid the hottest parts of the day between 10 and 4.
2) Wear your sunscreen! Go for 30spf or higher, and reapply every hour if you're sweating or swimming.
3) When swimming with small children, keep them an arms length away. It's easy for a drowning to happen, At a busy pool party, assign an adult as the official lifeguard. Check out my "Drowning is Silent" post.
4) Eat lots of fruit and vegetables - it's easy in the summer!
5) Be extra careful when working on your summer projects - fractures and skin lacerations go way up in the summertime! Rest when you're tired, and wear proper safety gear.
Dr. Zomnir is a family doctor who has chosen to step out of the fray and care for patients with love and compassion.